• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.
 

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

New Finding!!!!

Started by wcuhoppytoad, May 29, 2016, 12:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcuhoppytoad

I was installing some magnets today to hold up my upper cabinets and one of them stuck to my ceiling. Went in the home to get a larger magnet and it appears that the roof supports and framing around my door/lower windows must be steel. Magnet stuck in multiple locations. I am not that concerned, but just tired of constantly finding out my rig is not the product I thought it was.

whoofit

[quote timestamp="1464536528" source="/post/21668/thread" author="@wcuhoppytoad"]I was installing some magnets today to hold up my upper cabinets and one of them stuck to my ceiling. Went in the home to get a larger magnet and it appears that the roof supports and framing around my door/lower windows must be steel. Magnet stuck in multiple locations. I am not that concerned, but just tired of constantly finding out my rig is not the product I thought it was. [/quote]That would help explain the jumps in weight we are seeing new models vs old models. More than the solid surface counters and new cabinets might bear. I had been questioned on my findings that my 2013 trailer was only 2750 lbs before but it is verified.

I assume you have no buried ferrous metal fasteners in these areas? Will the magnet stick all along the roof trusses? Seems like a tougher way build to me if they are steel as I thought there was welding there.

Very interesting revelation.

wcuhoppytoad

[p]The magnet holds to the ceiling for the whole width of the camper.[/p]

montedtrotter1

I think the older models continue to go up in value!

daplumbr

[quote timestamp="1464538500" author="@wcuhoppytoad" source="/post/21670/thread"][p]The magnet holds to the ceiling for the whole width of the camper.[/p][/quote]What?!?!?!?!?!





wcuhoppytoad



charliem

[font size="3"]April 1 has long since past! [/font][font size="3"]You have got to be kidding us! Aren't you??  :-S  

We may even lose Doug Samuel on this one [attachment id="1435" thumbnail="1"]
[/font]
Any 20 minute job can be stretched
to a week with proper planning

Charlie
NW Florida

wcuhoppytoad

I wish I was bud!!!! I was wishing somebody on here had a  great idea as to why this is happening other than the obvious. Kind of sick on my end right now. We all purchase these rigs because we believe in the product and are willing to spend the extra money to own one. Just very upset and feel ripped off.

charliem

[font size="3"]Is that last picture in the shower?
[/font]
Any 20 minute job can be stretched
to a week with proper planning

Charlie
NW Florida

wcuhoppytoad