• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

New LivinLite 5th wheels, just in case you missed this.....

Started by kenofchattanooga, October 12, 2014, 01:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdave

[quote source="/post/17399/thread" timestamp="1451657179" author="@tlbones"]This one seems like a steal!  

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/PPL-Motor-Homes-736710/listing/2015-Livin-Lite-Aluma-Lite-28RLS-114076329[/quote]down to 22K

drdave

[quote source="/post/17622/thread" timestamp="1452446542" author="@tlbones"][quote source="/post/17399/thread" timestamp="1451657179" author="@tlbones"]This one seems like a steal!  

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/PPL-Motor-Homes-736710/listing/2015-Livin-Lite-Aluma-Lite-28RLS-114076329[/quote]down to 22K[/quote]Now down to 21K....how low will it go.....

admin

I could almost picture this behind the Avalanche :) Though for such a large rig I'm surprised how little sleeping room is available.

drdave

[quote source="/post/18322/thread" timestamp="1454507634" author="@admin"]I could almost picture this behind the Avalanche :)      Though for such a large rig I'm surprised how little sleeping room is available.[/quote] avalanche is on a silverado chassis?   It could probably handle it in terms of engine/weight, but you might have a turning radius problem with that tiny bed....  :)        

Funny you say it's a large rig.... I get teased it's such a small 5th wheel.  We usually camp with a group where we are STILL the smallest trailer.   There are plenty of TTs much longer.    The rear couch sleeps an adult under 6'6" just fine.   THe dinette is for the under 10 y.o. set.    Sleeping capacity is probably another reason it didn't sell well.   Fortunately for us having guests while camping is not a concern.    My 14 y.o. son likes the couch.   We remove the back cushions and put a 1" foam pad down.   This basically turns it into a twin mattress.    if he brings a buddy we kick them outside in a tent.    

rab0325

As of last Saturday, there were two of these on the lot at PPL in Houston. They're nice. We were closing on the Ax or we might have changed our minds. Didn't know about the discontinuation or the warranty. We definitely wondered about the price. If memory serves, they're around 20k each. All said and done, I'm thrilled we chose the Ax instead!

drdave

[quote source="/post/18420/thread" timestamp="1454765498" author="@rab0325"]As of last Saturday, there were two of these on the lot at PPL in Houston. They're nice. We were closing on the Ax or we might have changed our minds. Didn't know about the discontinuation or the warranty. We definitely wondered about the price. If memory serves, they're around 20k each. All said and done, I'm thrilled we chose the Ax instead![/quote]I am sure you will really like the Ax.  We sold our 2013 16DB to upgrade to this because we needed more space and the price/timing fell into place.  It was a rock solid camper and sold us on the LL brand (pre-Thor anyway).  

The discontinuation of the warrantee is on the LL portiion only..components, axles, appliances, AC, etc.,etc. are still under manufacturer warrantees. 

rab0325

Ours appears to be pre-thor as well- aluminum roof, which makes us very happy. I think we got a good deal at the right time also. I'm not sure we'll always need the space, but I know we'll enjoy it.
Questions- have you put anything on the floor such as rubber tiles, considered spraying underneath with rubber insulation, or considered painting the roof with any type of product for heat barrier our insulation- something referred to as cold seal?
Anyone else have input on these questions? We have the 26-2013 Axxess.

drdave

[quote timestamp="1454936979" source="/post/18521/thread" author="@rab0325"]Ours appears to be pre-thor as well- aluminum roof, which makes us very happy. I think we got a good deal at the right time also. I'm not sure we'll always need the space, but I know we'll enjoy it.
Questions- have you put anything on the floor such as rubber tiles, considered spraying underneath with rubber insulation, or considered painting the roof with any type of product for heat barrier our insulation- something referred to as cold seal?
Anyone else have input on these questions? We have the 26-2013 Axxess.[/quote]So... On th 2013 16DB I added puzzle piece rubber/foam squares to the floor.   I found a brand on amazon with fake wood pattern.   It looked great when done.   I have pictures on here somewhere.  It was well worth the 50 bucks or so I paid for the foam squears.    The 16DB Had the aluminum roof and also had no insulation.   We have a 14 YO son and it was cramped with 3.   Also my wife and I didn't enjoy crawling over eachother to use the BR in the middle of the night.   

So....there are some dirty little secrets on the 2015 28RLS since you asked:   It was pre-thor also, but LL was experimenting:   I have a membrane roof...it appears to be weathering fine.   I can understand how a rip could happen w. a tree branch but not very concerned other than cost of replacing the membrane because everything inside is still azdel, etc. and not subject to rot.   The membrane seems sturdy and the roof is walkable.  As far as underneath on the new trailer:  Because of the 5th wheel design the trailer sits on a ultralight steel chassis with some sort of special uberduber anti-rust coating.  I have 2x5200lb. Lippert axles.   I am 7'8" wide as compared to the typical LL 7' width.   I have a heated underbelly/tank area.   It is sealed off similar an to the new 2016 Truck campers and is heated by the furnace.   I also have single pane tinted frameless windows with curtains instead of the CL type windows.   I do miss the 100% shading with the window shades, but am otherwise happy with the windows.   Interior is the oldschool LL aluminum/azdel cabinet contruction with a bit better quality door latches than on my 2013.  Also:  I have vinyl flooring so did not bother to go with floor tiles.   I have a few area rugs throughout.

Quite honestly between the alumalite and camplite 5th wheels I am convinced this was the test bed for all the current changes and they began as early as 2014.   Thor may just be following through on Scott's long term plans....who knows?    I am suprised they have not reached out to me for feedback since as far as I know I am the only active 5th wheel owner on the forum.

Here are some youtube links to show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwzjDSsKbFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g27DACkHQQ

This is our floorplan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdBXPJxAu88

rab0325

Thank you for the info. I think you're going to love your new camper. I completely agree with your wife about the bed! We haven't taken ours out yet, but I'm sure there will be some details to work on. Help me out, New to camper lingo- what is a 16db? 16 foot ?? What is db?
I've been telling family and friends about the two in Houston. I haven't checked the site this week to see if they're still there, but like I said, they were nice- really nice. They were alumilite. I don't think they said camplite anywhere, but they looked like the ones in the videos. If we hadn't bought the ax, I'm pretty sure we would have come home with one of these. Since ours will go to the deer lease a few times a year, I think I'm going to be grateful for easy clean up, but warming up the floor with at least rugs is on the top of my list!
Congratulations on the 15th wheel. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

drdave

So the Camplite 16DB is now discontinued.   It was a 16 footer with a queen bed and sofa with a "dry bath" meaning it had separate shower and toilet, not combined in one (aka the "wet bath")

So the Alumalite 5th wheel models were exactly the same as the camplite 5th wheels except alumalite was supposed to be a more luxury line of campers with an "upgraded" wood cabinet interior look. The current Camplite models are now coming with almost the exact same  "wood" cabinet look similar to the discontinued alumalite models.....hmmmm.  

Here's the link to RVtrader showing what's out there:

http://www.rvtrader.com/search-results?keywords=Livin%20Lite%20Aluma%20Lite%2028RLS&sort=geo_distance%3Aasc&;

They must have sold the 28RLS since now only the 32RLS is available in Houston.  the 32 is a better floorplan IMO.   They are asking $26K for it.... I suspect there's still $3-4K+ wiggle even with that price.

uscg

I have been looking at this one for a few months and really thinking about buying it. But then I would have to get a truck for it, so I don't like that part.  My mother has a BIG cougar fifth wheel that is nice enough to live in, and I really want to sell my house and move into a camper fulltime anyway.  I keep looking at this one thinking it's the ticker.
http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Prosser-RV-2735196/listing/2015-Livinlite-Aluma-Lite-33-RLTS-116052118

drdave

[quote timestamp="1460163600" author="@uscg" source="/post/20348/thread"]I have been looking at this one for a few months and really thinking about buying it. But then I would have to get a truck for it, so I don't like that part.  My mother has a BIG cougar fifth wheel that is nice enough to live in, and I really want to sell my house and move into a camper fulltime anyway.  I keep looking at this one thinking it's the ticker.
http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Prosser-RV-2735196/listing/2015-Livinlite-Aluma-Lite-33-RLTS-116052118
[/quote]I don't know your financial situation, but I think it would be REALLY hard to beat that bang for the buck in the RV world!   It's list price is below what I paid for mine.   I really like the floorplan better than my 28 but running to WI for a swap is out of the question for me. :)   Based on the experience with my F250 gasser I think you'd be fine with a regular full size PU with a V8 in most terrain short of the rockies.  My truck is probably overkill for my trailer.   The trailer was designed/intended to be pulled with a regular full size pickup not a superduty anyway.  

On a side note: In most places it's pretty easy to find a superduty gasser like mine for the same or cheaper than a regular full size (F150 type) PU.   If you get on autotrader and search down in TX near houston or dallas you can find dozens and dozens of low mileage diesels for much cheaper than in the rest of the country.    I know my next truck will be a used diesel out of TX.     

leslie

I think you got a once in a lifetime deal. I should see if you can negotiate the purchase of our next tow vehicle for us!
Located in Kentucky and Florida at present

drdave

Quote from: Paul P" source="/post/22414/thread" timestamp="1466534090[div][/div][div][/div][div][/div][div][/div][div][/div]Just bought a 2015 28RLS LL,from Bullion,Not a better camper out there for 20K.

Congrats!    That IS a great price.  You paid less than me and I thought I did good when I bought mine in Sept last year.  I am loving mine so far and have made quite a few minor modifications/additions.   These are rare birds so please keep in touch as you get a feel for trailer.   I can let you know what I've done to improve mine.   As far as I know I am the only other 5th wheel owner who frequents this forum.   I just got back on Sunday from about 1000 Mile round trip.    Trailer pulled like a dream the whole time.     I'd be curious to hear what you are towing yours with and any issues you have.    

Todd