Author Topic: Battery Shut-Off  (Read 3603 times)

daplumbr

• View Profile
Battery Shut-Off
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 09:35:33 PM »
Well, that's valuable info. I had no idea those SD AC breakers were DC rated. Hmm......

whoofit

Battery Shut-Off
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 10:00:41 PM »
I think your DC solutions are cleaner though IMO. Still need the breaker panel or disconnect box to go with the Square D's.

I learned this when doing the solar. It saved me a bunch of money instead of buying the dedicated solar ones like Midnight and such. I learned this from the Solar Forum you have linked to a couple times. NAWS. BB there is quite an educator as well as Caribocoot and a few others.

brandonboss

Battery Shut-Off
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 12:18:50 PM »
I usually just unscrew my negative terminal and call it good. I plan on buying a what I call twinkle charger/battery maintainer to put onto my battery when I am away.

admin

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
    • View Profile
Battery Shut-Off
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 02:12:58 PM »
I have these in my setup http://amzn.to/2bTeyNp
Essentially they are quick connect fittings so when in storage I can disconnect the battery if desired. It also allows me to quickly move 1 battery/box between the camper and my boat to power the trolling motor. Simply plug and play with no worry about screwing up the positive and negative wires.

I also have my battery charger wired up with these so I can simply plug it in without opening the box. Should I need it for a regular battery, then I have a set of alligator clips wired up to plug into the quick connect.

Eventually I may add a splitter so I can then have a pigtail feed an auxiliary power port but that's not a priority for now.