• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A Thor Thubject

Started by kycamper, December 27, 2016, 12:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kycamper

I my be giving away my age here, but when I grew up, terms like " monopoly " and "buyout" were bad words. Sherman Anti Trust, Taft Hartley....even Teddy Roosevelt
worked to control the dangers of huge conglomerates. Nowadays, there are something like four airlines in the US, and competition seems to be a thing of the past. Recently, Thor purchased Jayco, a long time family owned rv company, for $576 million. They already bought out companies like Airstream, Keystone, Damon....you get the drift, and, of course, Livin Lite. I wonder if any of these companies have improved their product since being taken over by Thor? There has been lots of discussion on this site about changes made to the Livin Lite legacy by Thor, such as one piece, all aluminum roof ( now rubber ), full piano hinge aluminum/composite cabinets ( now cheap wood with standard european hinges ) and others. Personally, these were the features, along with the aluminum framing, that attracted me to LL in the first place. The " no wood to rot " banner screamed out to me. Had to have it. Now, to add insult to injury, the brains behind Thor have pulled the support from this wonderful forum. Instead of reading what we discuss here, and perhaps improving the product, they chose to axe it, and shut out the dialogue. I, for one, am obviously not a fan of Thor, in any regard. Their move to do away with this site just gives me more cause to wish them ill. I will miss you guys. Happy Trails.........

pinstriper

This should be posted to the "Livin Lite Are a Bunch of Rat Bastages" thread over on the new, cooler forum.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Punctuation. It saves lives.

2014 14DBS
2013 4Runner | 2006 F-150 5.4 V8 (ruh ruh ruh)
2015 Hobie Outback

kycamper

Can someone cut and paste?? I am a dinosaur when it comes to this stuff. Need a 14 year old kid.

silverfox

I'm moving to the new forum. Thank you everyone for all the invaluable information that I have received here. Let's keep it going on the new site. In my opinion Thor has cheapened Livin Lite in an effort to increase profits. This site has helped expose those efforts which is why I feel they are  closing it down. Thor doesn't care about their customer base, only profits. Thor sucks! And I'm going to make sure I tell that to everyone I run into at the campgrounds that I will be be visiting in the future.

kycamper

It's more like:

THOR THUCKS !!!!

fasteddieb

I remember that as a leadin to a somewhat risqué punchline: "I am Mighty Thor".
Mineral Bluff, GA

2014 CampLite 21BHS

2011 Ford Flex EcoBoost

fasteddieb

I got a New Year's greeting from LivinLite on Facebook.

I commented: "As a gift, how about letting us keep the forum?"

No response or add'l comments so far
Mineral Bluff, GA

2014 CampLite 21BHS

2011 Ford Flex EcoBoost

pinstriper

Quote from: @fasteddieb" source="/post/26757/thread" timestamp="1483291936I got a New Year's greeting from LivinLite on Facebook.

I commented: "As a gift, how about letting us keep the forum?"

No response or add'l comments so far

Noice !!
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Punctuation. It saves lives.

2014 14DBS
2013 4Runner | 2006 F-150 5.4 V8 (ruh ruh ruh)
2015 Hobie Outback