• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

keeping faucet for drinking water

Started by glamcamper, September 25, 2016, 01:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glamcamper

We recently bought the QS 8.0 and haven't used the water on our test camping run. We are thinking that we may fill the jug with drinking water and using campsites water elsewhere to wash dishes and such. 
Anyone have suggestions or experiences with using it? or would it be better to upgrade the faucet?
Thanks in advance!

jammydee

We bring a 3-gallon water jug, like the kind you'd find on the back of a work truck at a construction site or on the sidelines of a soccer game, with us when we camp. It gets filled at the campsite and we use it for all our drinking water. Ours is an igloo with the push button spout.

pinstriper

We bring several 1 gallon jugs of drinking water from home. The first jugs came from the dollar store. We still hook up to campsite water, have a particle filter at the standpipe, and a full virus/bacteria filter on the kitchen faucet. Never had a problem, we generally only use this water for dishes and such.

We do keep water in the fresh tank but have never drank it. We use it for flushing at the dump station.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Punctuation. It saves lives.

2014 14DBS
2013 4Runner | 2006 F-150 5.4 V8 (ruh ruh ruh)
2015 Hobie Outback

sheepcreek

We are new to RV-ing and have been on two trips (without hookups).
The last time, before we left home, we filled up the trailer's fresh water tank with water from our well, (which is tested often and always A-Okay).Yet somehow I can't bring myself to drink it. I picture it sitting in that tank, with microbes and bacteria, and don't want to take a chance getting sick. In the future, if we hook up to citywater at a campground, it will only be for showers or rinsing our puppy's dirty paws with the exterior hose. Even if we had a filter system in place I think I would only use it for dishes, and stick with the bottled water for drinking. A bit extreme perhaps, but after getting very ill from drinking contaminated water while traveling, I find it easier to play it safe.

admin

Honestly the faucet is not worth the effort. I found that trying to fit something under the faucet and then pumping it to fill anything worth while just aggravated me. I'd rather just use the spout of a traditional aquatainer. Its faster and easier.