Author Topic: Faucet upgrade needed?  (Read 1219 times)

aerojd

Faucet upgrade needed?
« on: October 13, 2015, 12:56:21 AM »
[div]Should I replace the factory faucet on my QS 10.0?   It's a 2011, new to me.   First try and the faucet leaked when hooked up at the campsite.  High tap water pressure at the CG.   I bought a pressure regulator, but am wondering if I should expect to replace or upgrade the faucet, even with a pressure regulator.   Factory faucet is white plastic, lightweight, maybe a little cheap feeling.   Has the pump action for dry camping, as well as regular for hookup.   Thoughts?   Thanks![/div]

admin

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
    • View Profile
Faucet upgrade needed?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 10:12:52 AM »
I replaced my 10.0's faucet right away and noted what I did here: http://livinlite.proboards.com/thread/260/10-plumbing-upgrade

I didnt like the factory faucet at all and the pump handle broke off on me right away. I just think I asked too much of it. I wanted a unit that worked primarily as a pump since I figured thats when I would need it the most, so the one I used as a replacement works very well in that aspect.

I did find that most dual action faucets seem to have a problem with leaks from time to time. Basically if the check valves get stuck open, or if air is getting into the system they are going to leak. Even my brand new one worked at first, then leaked, then started working again without me doing anything to it. I think its just part of having a multi use item. They will do the job but they may not be the best at either.

-Sean

aznighthiker

• View Profile
Faucet upgrade needed?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 10:57:44 AM »
We do not use the faucet or sink in our camper though most of our friends that have campers of all makes usually replace the stock faucet and another item that they obtain and use and claim a must is a pressure regulator for the fresh water line.
15 Jumping Jack Camper
05 Wrangler, 10 Wrangler Unlimited

alf

Faucet upgrade needed?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 08:05:09 PM »
Given all the trouble that folks have had with their stock QS faucets, and reports that I have seen from other RVers, I'm wondering if the best solution is to have two faucets; a hand pumper for the onboard tank, and one for city water. This might obviate much of the water leak and air entry problems.

walt3

• View Profile
Faucet upgrade needed?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 12:45:45 AM »
I have a 2011 trailer with factory faucet and have had no problems with it. Have always used pressure reg and never turned the faucet on very much. I will say I have another sink and faucet ready for when mine decides to die! Prob why mine is still working!