• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Cargo Door "Back Patio"?

Started by dh50, January 03, 2015, 11:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billmoore

Very nice patio setup! How did you mount the l-track? I have a 4-foot section of l-track sitting in the garage left over from another project... thinking about trying this!

db

Here's the best photo's I had on hand.  On the one on the left you can see one of the adjustable supports.  There's also one on the other side of the ramp. These fold against the ramp for traveling and fold down to support the ramp in a horizontal position.  You can also see the awning we placed over the rear.  LL had to shorten the ramp about 4in. To make the awning fit.  On the next pic you can see the ramp in the down position and the awning extended.  Like it b/c no cables to get on the way.  Db

[attachment id="684" thumbnail="1"]  [attachment id="685" thumbnail="1"]

db

[quote source="/post/8925/thread" timestamp="1428353425" author="@gwbushhog"]
Quote from: @db" timestamp="1428272909" source="/post/8876/threadWe bought a 30 ft quicksilver toy hauler in Nov 2014.  Talked quite a bit to LL before we committed.  Asked Scott Tuttle about making the ramp into a deck.  He didn't like the cable idea, but suggested adjustable supports they could attach to the ramp.  We went with that and love it.  Two supports that fold against the ramp and fold down as you lower the ramp. Very easy to use and work perfectly.  Tried to attach a picture but said the file was too big.  If your interested in a picture and tell me how to attach I'd be happy to do it.   Scott also suggested an awning that would extend over the ramp, love that too. Db
We would love a picture, but can't say off the top of my head just now how to attach it.  You'll have to reduce the file size, which is pretty easy if one is used to doing it regularly (I'm not), but will try to revisit the task and get back soon.  Thank you for sharing this information![/quote]I posted a couple pic's. Still trying to get a handle on this blog stuff.  Wanted to do it as a reply but looks like it went in as a new post.  Look down a little and you should see it. Db

thudd3r

another option for the picture would be to upload it to a free photobucket account, then link to it using the insert picture button when creating the post

dh50

[quote source="/post/8943/thread" timestamp="1428367079" author="@db"]Here's the best photo's I had on hand.  On the one on the left you can see one of the adjustable supports.  There's also one on the other side of the ramp. These fold against the ramp for traveling and fold down to support the ramp in a horizontal position.  You can also see the awning we placed over the rear.  LL had to shorten the ramp about 4in. To make the awning fit.  On the next pic you can see the ramp in the down position and the awning extended.  Like it b/c no cables to get on the way.  Db

Thank you for the pic, Db!  Must agree with you about no cables to get in the way.  We're surprised that LL never made a mention to us of these mod possibilities.  BTW, do you have a picture of your full rig?  Your Quicksilver sure looks sharp in that red.  How are you liking it and what do you haul, if anything?  You say it is 30'?  If so, I think you may take the prize for the biggest toy hauler....for that matter, the biggest trailer on this forum.   Interested in knowing LL's haulers' similarities, differences, pros/cons, and hearing of your camping experiences with 'Big Red'.   Thanks again for sharing!  [/quote]

db

Here's the rig.  First pic is leaving the dealership in Nappanee, IN, Nov 2014. Picked it up and drove it back to Fort Worth. First time pulling anything, pulled great.  2nd pic is maiden voyage in Feb 2015.  Last pic is right after getting it back to Ft Worth in Nov. It is a 30 footer.  Was going to get the 30 ft Axxess but I saw this color when I visited the factory and loved it. Have some interior pic' s also if you'd like.  Still trying to master the pic insert thing.  Db

[attachment id="699" thumbnail="1"][attachment id="700" thumbnail="1"][attachment id="701" thumbnail="1"]

leslie

db, I have a red Camplite and I love the color of my trailer. Red looks great on a 30' toy hauler, too!
Located in Kentucky and Florida at present

dh50

[quote source="/post/8998/thread" timestamp="1428459298" author="@db"]Here's the rig.  First pic is leaving the dealership in Nappanee, IN, Nov 2014. Picked it up and drove it back to Fort Worth. First time pulling anything, pulled great.  2nd pic is maiden voyage in Feb 2015.  Last pic is right after getting it back to Ft Worth in Nov. It is a 30 footer.  Was going to get the 30 ft Axxess but I saw this color when I visited the factory and loved it. Have some interior pic' s also if you'd like.  Still trying to master the pic insert thing.  Db

[/quote]Beautiful rig, Db!  The red is stunning.  Just have to ask:  What have you got going on back there??  Is that a washer?  Of course, we'd love to see the interior mods!  We haven't done much yet, a towel bar here, a mirror there, some area rugs, pillows, coordinated bedding and storage bins, but that's about it for now.  Also a power jack and a couple of jack stands that we purchased which are independent of the cargo door, but used to create that wonderful patio deck.  Built a dedicated parking pad also.   

Here's a first ever post of our rig.  'Shovelhead' of this forum says, 'if there's no pic, it didn't happen'.  We've been reluctant to post pics, but here's proof, it did happen.  Bought the Axx in Jan. 2015.  Just wanted to camp and enjoy natural surroundings....HA!  So much for blending into the environment!  We've caught turkey admiring themselves in the reflection and did ruin one woodpecker's day recently when he tried claiming it.  And we weren't camping....just parked in storage on our own property!  BTW, we're located in central Florida, but moved here 25 years ago from Texas.  No place like Texas!

[attachment id="703" thumbnail="1"]

Tried posting a couple more pics, but ran into the same problem with oversizing.  Will work on getting more pics posted soon.  Thanks again for sharing!  Really enjoyed it because there's not many 'haulers' who post on this forum, though we know they're out there.  We're a slightly different RVer than the traditional trailer enthusiast, or so it seems.  But it's all good!  Thanks again!

leslie

gw, I like that mirror finish exterior. I haven't seen one in person yet. Who needs a mirror inside when you have a BIG one on the outside?
Located in Kentucky and Florida at present

dh50

[quote source="/post/9007/thread" timestamp="1428470054" author="@leslie"]gw, I like that mirror finish exterior. I haven't seen one in person yet. Who needs a mirror inside when you have a BIG one on the outside?[/quote]Thanks, Leslie.  Good point about the mirror except the big one outside is not much help at night when one is needed, you know ..... to make sure everything is wiped and brushed, perfumed and fluffed for that special guy who worked hard to hang that sucker up right there in the bedroom!  

After this Friday, you'll be fluffin' and stuffin' too for you know whooo.....GO GIRLY!  :-* 

db

[quote source="/post/9004/thread" timestamp="1428468469" author="@gwbushhog"][quote source="/post/8998/thread" timestamp="1428459298" author="@db"]Here's the rig.  First pic is leaving the dealership in Nappanee, IN, Nov 2014. Picked it up and drove it back to Fort Worth. First time pulling anything, pulled great.  2nd pic is maiden voyage in Feb 2015.  Last pic is right after getting it back to Ft Worth in Nov. It is a 30 footer.  Was going to get the 30 ft Axxess but I saw this color when I visited the factory and loved it. Have some interior pic' s also if you'd like.  Still trying to master the pic insert thing.  Db

[/quote]Beautiful rig, Db!  The red is stunning.  Just have to ask:  What have you got going on back there??  Is that a washer?  Of course, we'd love to see the interior mods!  We haven't done much yet, a towel bar here, a mirror there, some area rugs, pillows, coordinated bedding and storage bins, but that's about it for now.  Also a power jack and a couple of jack stands that we purchased which are independent of the cargo door, but used to create that wonderful patio deck.  Built a dedicated parking pad also.   

Here's a first ever post of our rig.  'Shovelhead' of this forum says, 'if there's no pic, it didn't happen'.  We've been reluctant to post pics, but here's proof, it did happen.  Bought the Axx in Jan. 2015.  Just wanted to camp and enjoy natural surroundings....HA!  So much for blending into the environment!  We've caught turkey admiring themselves in the reflection and did ruin one woodpecker's day recently when he tried claiming it.  And we weren't camping....just parked in storage on our own property!  BTW, we're located in central Florida, but moved here 25 years ago from Texas.  No place like Texas!

Tried posting a couple more pics, but ran into the same problem with oversizing.  Will work on getting more pics posted soon.  Thanks again for sharing!  Really enjoyed it because there's not many 'haulers' who post on this forum, though we know they're out there.  We're a slightly different RVer than the traditional trailer enthusiast, or so it seems.  But it's all good!  Thanks again!

[/quote]

thudd3r

[quote source="/post/8927/thread" timestamp="1428355189" author="@billmoore"]Very nice patio setup! How did you mount the l-track? I have a 4-foot section of l-track sitting in the garage left over from another project... thinking about trying this![/quote]for the top there is just enough room below the gutter to mount them to the header/frame (which is thick aluminum with nothing behind it to interfere).  drill 2 holes per track while placing the end of the track as close to the outer edge of the door opening as possible.  there is a support on the inside right at the outer edge that you will want to avoid.  for the tracks on the doors you can use the flat edge on the frame.  again drill 2 holes for each track through the door.  if your holes are centered on the flat edge they will be in the aluminum frame around the on the outer edge of the door on the outside.  i believe i measured 1 or 1.5' down from the top edge of the door for the placement of the tracks.  

i haven't experienced any stretch yet, but have plenty of track to move the cables up if it ever happens

let me know if you need more pics

db

Actually the color is Bradywine, according to LL.  I call it burgundy.  Our story is, the wife is highly chemically sensitive and allergic to 'bout everything that exists on the planet.  Got to the point where we couldn't do anything more than a day trip, which is a problem when you have a grand kid in OR.  So we spent a long time looking for a rv/tt that was built chemically free.  Finally came across LL with their all aluminum trailer, contacted Scott Tuttle and he was more than willing to work with us.  After about 18 months of discussion about what we wanted and what they could do we met in Wakarusa and signed the deal.  The base plan is the VRV Quicksilver FBD 30 ft.  But we have quite a few customizations...all electric appliances and heat, aluminum counter tops, twin bed in the front with a second fold up bed in the living area, aluminum panels an the interior to cover the Azdel board.  We wanted the garage area to put in a washer/dryer and a sauna.  Wife can not use washers at the parks that people had used scented detergents in.  The sauna did throw them a little.  Wife needs to sauna to detox every couple days so we needed that.  Had them put a wall with door btwn the garage area and living area.  I can not say enough about how great Scott and his guys were.  No one else knew what we were talking about or would even touch it.  Looks like I can not attach pic to a quick reply so I guess I have to do another post for the interior pics.  Db

db

For gebushog, couple more interior pic for you.  Washer and sauna in the garage area.  Db

joanne

[quote source="/post/9070/thread" timestamp="1428626527" author="@db"]Actually the color is Bradywine, according to LL.  I call it burgundy.  Our story is, the wife is highly chemically sensitive and allergic to 'bout everything that exists on the planet.  Got to the point where we couldn't do anything more than a day trip, which is a problem when you have a grand kid in OR.  So we spent a long time looking for a rv/tt that was built chemically free.  Finally came across LL with their all aluminum trailer, contacted Scott Tuttle and he was more than willing to work with us.  After about 18 months of discussion about what we wanted and what they could do we met in Wakarusa and signed the deal.  The base plan is the VRV Quicksilver FBD 30 ft.  But we have quite a few customizations...all electric appliances and heat, aluminum counter tops, twin bed in the front with a second fold up bed in the living area, aluminum panels an the interior to cover the Azdel board.  We wanted the garage area to put in a washer/dryer and a sauna.  Wife can not use washers at the parks that people had used scented detergents in.  The sauna did throw them a little.  Wife needs to sauna to detox every couple days so we needed that.  Had them put a wall with door btwn the garage area and living area.  I can not say enough about how great Scott and his guys were.  No one else knew what we were talking about or would even touch it.  Looks like I can not attach pic to a quick reply so I guess I have to do another post for the interior pics.  Db

[/quote]
A really neat set of customizations -- very nice.

What is the white thing under the TV?