• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Rear deck mods

Started by lora, July 19, 2014, 05:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qs601956

[quote source="/post/22822/thread" timestamp="1467842825" author="@mtnbikr"]Damn kids and their Sharpies....[/quote][p]I had Livin Lite mount my license plate on the deck between the left light and the 3 center running lights.[/p][p]Cleaner look on back of trailer plus I am going to build a kitchen on the deck.
[/p]

promagstyle

Quote from: @admin" source="/post/25635/thread" timestamp="1477674586The problem is not how to do it, rather should it be done.
Could you mount a couple brackets near the front? This would help offset the weight issue in behind the axle.
[p]
[/p][p]I'd guess so that I can mount some brackets at the front, but I was thinking about the ratchet strap that you suggested earlier before, but I'm not even so sure where to put them underneath the trailer bed, because of the trailer wiring lights are directly underneath.[/p][p]
[/p][p]
[/p]

zonzin

Interesting thread.

The 11FK trailer I just bought came with the rear deck and my goal is to figure out a way to make it detachable. I'm thinking I will cut it off at the frame and fab up detachable bumper that will be 4x4 with the supports the same dimensions as the cut frame channel. Then I will use steel of the internal dimensions as the frame channel which would be held on by bolts through the frame and support. I could then add a trailer hitch to the 4x4 bumper easily.

I would do the same for the deck. Then I could easily switch between the two as needed. I need to scope it out a bit more before deciding on a solution.