• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Cloudland Canyon State Park

Started by mj74, October 17, 2016, 11:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mj74

We had a great week in north Ga. We started our trip on Sunday at a small park, John Tanner Park in west GA. Really quite. Fond memories of tent camping years ago. We then traveled north and stayed at Cloudland Canyon State park in Rising Fawn, Ga. We were really lucky to get a site. The fall leaves were so beautiful. Great place for hiking. This trip was the best until...we boondocked Friday and Saturday...the best way to find out if you have any water left in the tank...take a shower and suds up...that is when you will find out. It was difficult to leave Lookout Mt., Ga  so we left n. Ga after 3:00 to head home in middle Ga. A blowout in Macon resulted in getting towed to Camping world where we had another night in our 16DB. We were able to get service for our camper but not before our 35# 4 1/2 month old puppy, Savannah had an accident in the store. Other than the last day, night and puppy mess (which was my fault)...this really was the greatest trip ever! Rob may  still be having second thoughts since he sent me and Savannah back outside while he cleaned up and lined up service for our camper. So even though we had a blowout, a tow and a mess it was so relaxing, so beautiful and the best camping fun ever.  

gbpack

? Sounds wonderful! I'm glad that you enjoyed camping and allowed the difficulties to be mere diversions. I hope you enjoy many camping excursions in the future.
Joan

daplumbr

Quote from: @mj74" timestamp="1476758308" source="/post/25406/threadWe had a great week in north Ga. We started our trip on Sunday at a small park, John Tanner Park in west GA. Really quite. Fond memories of tent camping years ago. We then traveled north and stayed at Cloudland Canyon State park in Rising Fawn, Ga. We were really lucky to get a site. The fall leaves were so beautiful. Great place for hiking. This trip was the best until...we boondocked Friday and Saturday...the best way to find out if you have any water left in the tank...take a shower and suds up...that is when you will find out. It was difficult to leave Lookout Mt., Ga  so we left n. Ga after 3:00 to head home in middle Ga. A blowout in Macon resulted in getting towed to Camping world where we had another night in our 16DB. We were able to get service for our camper but not before our 35# 4 1/2 month old puppy, Savannah had an accident in the store. Other than the last day, night and puppy mess (which was my fault)...this really was the greatest trip ever! Rob may  still be having second thoughts since he sent me and Savannah back outside while he cleaned up and lined up service for our camper. So even though we had a blowout, a tow and a mess it was so relaxing, so beautiful and the best camping fun ever.  
Great attitude! Reminds me of the famous: "Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead!" 

When we swing south on a fall trip in the future, we'll keep those parks in mind.