• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Camplite Awnings

Started by hez, May 26, 2016, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hez

I have a Camplite 5.7 and am looking into getting an awning for it.  Question 1.  Do you recommend side or back door awnings.  I have found the ones from the dealership are quite expensive and decided to go with one this year and the other next year.  It would be nice to be protected from the elements getting in and out of the camper, but then being able to sit under the awning is quite appealing.  Having never had awnings on campers, I wonder if they are worth the price or is it an extra that one regrets after the fact.  Question 2.  Any suggestions about an alternative that may have the same results as an awning.  Thanks...Happy Camping...Had a wonderful weekend in Algonquin Park, Ontario last weekend with amazing weather.

daplumbr

I really like the awning on our Camplite and if it didn't have one, I'd add it. Don't know about truck campers and what's available for them. However, I'm awed at the cost of awnings! We recently thought about adding one to our house as temporary shade/rain protection when we are outside; something that could be easily rolled up when not in use, etc. After looking at the prices (well north of $1K), we quickly backed off on that idea.