• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

When will web site be updated?

Started by farmboy, October 21, 2015, 10:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billmoore

I won't be too surprised if ATC capitalizes on this. They already make all aluminum toyhaulers that are very competitive with the LivinLite Quicksilver VRV line, they are totally open to customization, and they build really high quality trailers.

billmoore

david

Take a look at the frame members of the ATC at the front near the coupler. You aren't going to have bending problems with that frame.

David
David M

16TBS towed with a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

spot1

charliem

Quote from: @david" source="/post/18467/thread" timestamp="1454846830Take a look at the frame members of the ATC at the front near the coupler. You aren't going to have bending problems with that frame.

David
[font size="3"]Note the couplers are 2-5/16" AND have side bolts! BTW, I notice the color options have disappeared from the LL site. I guess no more red CLs.[/font]
Any 20 minute job can be stretched
to a week with proper planning

Charlie
NW Florida

charliem

[quote source="/post/18468/thread" timestamp="1454852053" author="@exploringcarolina"]ATC builds many custom aluminum trailers, too:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aluminumtrailercompany/[/quote][font size="3"]I wouldn't take much to make the 7x20 a competitor to the CL21s. All the elements are there on their site: water/waste systems, baths, beds, slides, electrical systems, aluminum floors and roofs, Azdel interiors, AL cabinets. Just cut and [strike]paste[/strike] weld.  ;)   The quoted prices and weights are in the range. And IIRC Scott Tuttle started out building light weight aluminum utility/hauler type trailers. [/font]

Charlie
NW Florida

oleo

[font color="#1929e6" size="4"][font face="comic sans ms"]Does anyone know if this is being being used in production yet???[/font]

[font face="comic sans ms"]"ONE PIECE SINGLE?PLY SUPERFLEX OLEFIN BASED ROOF MEMBRANE W/ AZDEL DECKING"[/font][/font]
Magoo

farmboy

ATC makes some nice looking units. I think that the  cabinets even look better than the 'old' CL ones; love the rounded edges.  Insulated floors that appear to really be insulated.     And they include sinks in the bathrooms.  Bad news: LL has been Thor-o-ized; good news: ATC offers a solid option for those seeking the quality that LL had, until recently, been famous for.  Current owners:  you are indeed lucky.  I  just hope Thor doesn't flood the market with their version of LL, which may adversely affect the reputation that the old LL spent years establishing.  

drdave

Quote from: @farmboy" source="/post/18476/thread" timestamp="1454862455ATC makes some nice looking units. I think that the  cabinets even look better than the 'old' CL ones; love the rounded edges.  Insulated floors that appear to really be insulated.     And they include sinks in the bathrooms.  Bad news: LL has been Thor-o-ized; good news: ATC offers a solid option for those seeking the quality that LL had, until recently, been famous for.  Current owners:  you are indeed lucky.  I  just hope Thor doesn't flood the market with their version of LL, which may adversely affect the reputation that the old LL spent years establishing.  
I don't think the ATC MSRPs were to too hateful.

charliem

[font size="3"]Charlie's prediction: Look for the deletion of the Dometic C5 windows, replaced by common single pane sliders. Bean counter to management: "Look Boss, we cut $5 from cost and raised the price $10 to compensate."

Or am I being too cynical??
[/font]

Charlie
NW Florida

spot1

We were draw to LivinLite initially because of the aluminum construction. After camping in the Mighty 11, we really appreciate Dometic C5 windows. Currently communicating with an ATC dealer about a custom ATC motorcycle transporter, will see how it goes.

gbpack

We really like the current Dometic windows as well. What kind of windows are in the ATC units? Are they good?

spot1

Have not seen Dometic windows installed on ATC toy haulers on their website. Will ask if Dometic windows can be installed on the custom ATC motorcycle hauler, Quest MC300, we're considering.

We believe Dometic C5 to be the best camper windows available.

drdave

[quote timestamp="1454795008" source="/post/18437/thread" author="@mitch"]I went and checked each model and all of them now say this:

ONE PIECE SINGLE?PLY SUPERFLEX OLEFIN BASED ROOF MEMBRANE W/ AZDEL DECKING[/quote]So I'm aware of the azdel interior wall panels, of course they are thin delicate stuff  but what are the specs on azdel decking?  I'm assuming it's tougher and thicker?  I can't figure out the azdel.com website.  

oleo

Quote from: @billmoore" source="/post/18447/thread" timestamp="1454803203Well I guess we all have collectors items. Why on earth did Thor buy LivinLite, only to take away everything that made LivinLite distinctive? They already had plenty of other brands with the more conventional cheapo construction...
[font color="#1979e6" face="comic sans ms" size="4"]Agree and so confusing...
-cabinet change to wood
-single axle change(s)
-reduction to number of floor plans
-tire size change (and then retraction)
-roof change
What is next???  
Not the Living Lite product we came to appreciate and want...
Wonder if there is some bigger picture why Thor purchased LL??? May never know.  
Feels like the downfall of the product.
Slowly step by step, tearing LL product apart!!! 
So very sad we are living through this...[/font]

Magoo