• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

New Forum: aluminiumcamperforum.com

Started by thedusty, December 21, 2016, 02:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ersatzknarf

[quote source="/post/26586/thread" author="@paul" timestamp="1482520055"]Next time it happens can someone take a screenshot and send it to me?[/quote][p]Hi Paul,[/p][p]It is happening, again.[/p][p]Have two screen shots pasted into a Word file.[/p][p]Will try to find a way to send them to you ?[/p][p]Thanks for all your kind help ![/p][p]
[/p]

gnies

Thank you just got your email it will be easier to solve with that.

charliem

[font size="3"]As of Yesterday morning, 24 Dec, I'm getting no response from ACF. Browser times out waiting.  Looks like the server is down. [/font][font size="3"]Anyone else experiencing this?[/font]
Any 20 minute job can be stretched
to a week with proper planning

Charlie
NW Florida

david

I accessed ACF 3-4 times yesterday just fine and again just now. Are you sure that you are spelling it right ;-).

David
David M

16TBS towed with a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

gnies

The website wasn't down to my knowledge

charliem

#1. So, the wonders of hardware and operating systems.

#2. I could connect via WiFi but not via my iPhone on ATT or using the
iPhone as a hot spot. Hmmmm. When in doubt, reboot. I rebooted then
iPhone and all is well.

See #1.

Charlie
NW Florida

charliem

[font size="3"]The plot thickens. After rebooting the iPhone I get good connection to ACF and it's content. I also get good connection using the iPhone as a hotspot to a laptop with Internet Explorer. Using the same iPhone hotspot and laptop but Firefox, I get connection to the ACF home page but any content brings up the FORBIDDEN error. In the past this error has been intermittent. See attached. Same error occurs when connected via WiFi with the same laptop (no ATT iPhone in the loop) and all virus scanners off. The problem appears to be between Firefox and the forum SW. I'll keep trying.

[attachment id="1898" thumbnail="1"]
[/font]

Charlie
NW Florida

gnies

Quote from: @charliem" source="/post/26626/thread" timestamp="1482714564[font size="3"]The plot thickens. After rebooting the iPhone I get good connection to ACF and it's content. I also get good connection using the iPhone as a hotspot to a laptop with Internet Explorer. Using the same iPhone hotspot and laptop but Firefox, I get connection to the ACF home page but any content brings up the FORBIDDEN error. In the past this error has been intermittent. See attached. Same error occurs when connected via WiFi with the same laptop (no ATT iPhone in the loop) and all virus scanners off. The problem appears to be between Firefox and the forum SW. I'll keep trying.

[attachment id="1898" thumbnail="1"]
[/font]

I just did some research on this and found a suggested solution that I just implemented. Let me know if this fix it

charliem

[font size="3"]Dec 26 @0700eastern: No change. Same error message when trying to read anything. This problem is recent because I have always been able to read messages and look at your statistics since you began the forum. I've just seen this error in the last month or so.

Edit: No problems with an iPad. Seems to be just Firefox, but Firefox has always worked for me.

Second Edit @ 0728: [/font][font size="3"]Just starte[/font][font size="3"]d working on Firefox! This is very intermittent.
[/font]

Charlie
NW Florida

charliem

[font size="3"]Now this is really getting baffling. @ 0810 Eastern: If I open a Firefox window and try to read content I get the FORBIDDEN message. If I leave the window open and open a second window it works fine. I've checked all Firefox settings I can find for blocked, permissions, etc and can't find anything obvious. Some really mysterious interaction between Firefox and the forum server software. Maybe Paul has a "CharlieM" filter on the site  ;) .
[/font]

Charlie
NW Florida

gnies

Charliem, just to be able to investigate this, can you try registering on the forum and stay login all the time? Just to see if this issue only happens to guest users. That way we will know if this is because you are guest it happens or if it's something wrong on your side.

david

Paul and Charlie:

FWIW I am able to access ACF from either Firefox (my standard), Edge or Internet Explorer from a Win 10 laptop. It works as guest or logged in all of the time.

David
David M

16TBS towed with a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

charliem

[font size="3"]Don't know what the problem is. I'm using ATT hotspot now; be home shortly and can work more at it. Firefox works fine everywhere else but it keeps getting updated, as does forum software, and it's a wonder any of it ever works.
[/font]

Charlie
NW Florida

charliem

[font size="3"]OK folks. I finally got it working with FireFox. Many hours later and having tried lots of things including reinstalling FF it seems the problem was the browser was going to some strange place on ACF and picking up an error code.

The URL must be exactly:  "http://aluminiumcamperforum.com/"    [/font][font size="3"]without the quotes.[/font][font size="3"]

See you there when this one dies, probably at month end.
[/font]

Charlie
NW Florida