• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Battery Tender

Started by farmboy, November 07, 2016, 10:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

Anyone have experience with this charger?   https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-022-0185G-dl-wh-Charger-Maintainer/dp/B00DJ5KEEA/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1478570236&sr=1-5&keywords=battery+tender

I will be storing two AGM batteries for the next five months.  I had been looking at this and other chargers, and I see that Costco will have this unit on sale later this month for $29.99.   I can purchase two, one for each battery, and be within my budget.   Battery Tender makes a two bank version that costs more than two of these.   Any thoughts?  Thanks.

admin

Battery tender as a brand has a great reputation. I have used a different version of this same maintainer by battery tender with no issues. It will not do much to really charge a battery but it will do fine to keep things topped off while not in use.

david

I have two: one for the rv and another for mr motorcycle. As Sean notes they are really a maintenance charger, but if my rv battery is down by a third, it will be fully charged in a couple of days.

David
David M

16TBS towed with a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

diversteve

If your batteries are 12 volt and you leave them wired parallel, you will only need one charger if you are seeking to maintain the charge.
Good for your budget too!

david

And one 12V charger also works with two 6V golf cart batteries wired in series.

David
David M

16TBS towed with a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

farmboy

Thanks everyone.   I went on Battery Tender's site, and when I indicated on their search option what I needed a maintainer for, they recommended a number of units but not this one.    But then I noticed that  they have a Chat option.   Low and behold, they responded quickly and confirmed that this unit would work for my specific application.    That level of customer service  just increases my confidence in this company.   I will make my purchase as soon as the sale price kicks in.  It is beautiful here in Mn. today; lots of quiet, beautiful camp sites within an hour's drive  but my unit is in storage till spring.   Can't wait to take it out again.