• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

You'll want this sooner or ladder..

Started by whoofit, April 05, 2016, 10:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoofit

Grabbed this ladder. It is an engineering marvel. I need this to repair any leaks and to tilt my solar panel and not walk on the roof to do so. Was gonna do an RV ladder but decided not to bust holes in the rear. Instead I mounted a vinyl fence post to the rear bumper to carry it. Check it...

[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmsOd7atirI"][/video]

catmanriff

gbpack

whoofit

[quote source="/post/20242/thread" timestamp="1459885797" author="@gbpack"]Is this the same one? http://www.amazon.com/GP-Logistics-SLDD7-Compact-Folding/dp/B009IJUL4O#Ask

I would like to hear about your solar panels!

[/quote]Yes, that is the ladder. Camping World has this on sale right now for $140 delivered.

I went with one larger panel. It simplified things for me and was a great deal. It tilts in four directions so parking is of no concern and is mounted on the roof.

whoofit

[quote source="/post/20239/thread" timestamp="1459884045" author="@catmanriff"]pretty amazing. [/quote]I agree and it is very stabile. I spend time on ladders daily and this one is no slouch. The rungs are narrower than most meaning wear harder soled shoes for comfort.

admin

Has anyone used a ladder like this one http://amzn.to/22ccXnH ? It doesnt turn into an A-frame but it seems like a strong and compact option. I've thought about it for around the house, but it seems like it would work in the camper as well.

whoofit

I used one similar to it briefly. Not bad but a little narrow width wise for peace of mind on an extension ladder. If you can tie it off that is not an issue.  Worked OK and goes tiny. Quite a good piece. Not an option for us as supporting it on the awning is a no go.

craigd

Quote from: @whoofit" source="/post/20215/thread" timestamp="1459864350Grabbed this ladder. It is an engineering marvel. I need this to repair any leaks and to tilt my solar panel and not walk on the roof to do so. Was gonna do an RV ladder but decided not to bust holes in the rear. Instead I mounted a vinyl fence post to the rear bumper to carry it. Check it...

Just picked this up from my local Campingworld, thanks for the heads up. Had a $10 coupon so ended up costing $130. Very well constructed.

whoofit

[quote source="/post/20394/thread" author="@craigd" timestamp="1460302218"][quote source="/post/20215/thread" author="@whoofit" timestamp="1459864350"]Grabbed this ladder. It is an engineering marvel. I need this to repair any leaks and to tilt my solar panel and not walk on the roof to do so. Was gonna do an RV ladder but decided not to bust holes in the rear. Instead I mounted a vinyl fence post to the rear bumper to carry it. Check it...

[/quote]Just picked this up from my local Campingworld, thanks for the heads up. Had a $10 coupon so ended up costing $130. Very well constructed.
[/quote]See, this is always how it works with me. AFTER I purchased the ladder I got an email with the 10 bux off....