• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

1ST LIVIN LITE REGIONAL RALLY

Started by christianm, September 09, 2015, 03:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daplumbr

Unusual sightings on our trip (at least for us).

[attachment id="1628" thumbnail="1"]
Naturally the first photo in this sequence had to be at a dumping station; but 2 Camplites (in Michigan) was weird. 

[attachment id="1629" thumbnail="1"]
One of 3 days this occurred. 

[attachment id="1630" thumbnail="1"]
We didn't stay. 

daplumbr

Some wildlife of our trip.

[attachment id="1631" thumbnail="1"]
Prairie dogs in North Dakota

[attachment id="1632" thumbnail="1"]
Elk at Ft. Stevens

[attachment id="1633" thumbnail="1"]
Hawk (but not a merlin) in Oregon

daplumbr

Great campsites of our trip. 

[attachment id="1634" thumbnail="1"]
Ft. Stevens State Park, OR

[attachment id="1635" thumbnail="1"]
Beverly Beach State Park, OR

[attachment id="1636" thumbnail="1"]
Del Norte State Park, CA

daplumbr

People at the Rally. A really remarkable group of folks with a great collective sense of humor, wisdom, and experience. 

[attachment id="1637" thumbnail="1"]
[attachment id="1638" thumbnail="1"]
[attachment id="1639" thumbnail="1"]
[attachment id="1640" thumbnail="1"]
[attachment id="1641" thumbnail="1"]

daplumbr

More people at the Rally.

[attachment id="1642" thumbnail="1"]

[attachment id="1644" thumbnail="1"]
[attachment id="1645" thumbnail="1"]

ersatzknarf

[quote timestamp="1470964122" author="@sandroad" source="/post/23828/thread"]Great campsites of our trip. 

LOL !  Hi Merlin,Got a kick out of that photo being the first one :) Glad you got my 'good' side  ;)  Say, is that a "Patty O'Room" that you folks have ?  I was caused to buy one, then overwhelmed by how bad the instructions are in lieu of how very little time I had to try to make the installation before we left for Wells...

[/quote]

daplumbr

Yes, it's a Patty O'Room. And yes, the initial installation takes some time. But after that, it's an easy screenroom to use and really nice for our sometimes buggy campsites. 

ersatzknarf

Thanks for confirming that.  Well, this might be enough to get me to try to have a go at installing it, again.  I was so put off by the bad instructions that I put all the boxes in the back of the garage...   Think that if I ever got more than a few hours of time to work on it, it might be worth another try.

brandonboss

Man I wish I found this group a few months ago so I could have attended the event in Oregon. We are from Aberdeen,Wa so it would have been an easy trip. I heard that someone else has a quicksilver toyhauler from my city as well but haven't seen it. I have only seen a few livin lite's on the road ever and its always neat when I do. Hopefully you guys plan another one next year as I would like to attend.

purdytj

Quote from: @brandonboss" timestamp="1471972084" source="/post/24059/threadMan I wish I found this group a few months ago so I could have attended the event in Oregon. We are from Aberdeen,Wa so it would have been an easy trip. I heard that someone else has a quicksilver toyhauler from my city as well but haven't seen it. I have only seen a few livin lite's on the road ever and its always neat when I do. Hopefully you guys plan another one next year as I would like to attend.
There will likely be something like this again in the future, so bookmark this thread and watch for future dates. 
I'm east of you in Tacoma. 

brandonboss

Will do thanks. Yeah your only about 90 minutes east of me. Do you have any favorite camping spots near us? I am going to Friends Landing in Montesano on the Chehalis River in September along with Grayland state park and Riffe lake (Taidnapam) eventually.

purdytj

Quote from: @brandonboss" timestamp="1471974695" source="/post/24063/threadWill do thanks. Yeah your only about 90 minutes east of me. Do you have any favorite camping spots near us? I am going to Friends Landing in Montesano on the Chehalis River in September along with Grayland state park and Riffe lake (Taidnapam) eventually.

Honestly, we need to come west more often. We do enjoy getting to the coast including up at Ozette Lake, at Pacific Beach State Park, and down to Long Beach. Staircase and Hoh campgrounds in the Olympics are fun, but we're starting to look for more boondocking / off-the-grid type places in the National Forests. We'd also like to get to Quinault Lake. 

brandonboss

Grayland State Park is right on the beach albeit far from offgrid its very well maintained. I will have to look up the other places you mentioned as I am a newbie when it comes to camping. Graves Crick is a place you would probably like in the national forest past Quinalt and it only has like 17 spots. No hookups or electricity. My dad loves it because your in the middle of nowhere. No cell reception either.