Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum

Quicksilver => QuickSilver General Q & A => Topic started by: dp on September 25, 2014, 10:55:40 AM

Title: Waiting for dealer to call
Post by: dp on September 25, 2014, 10:55:40 AM
I explained all the trouble I had with mine to the salesperson. He is talking to the owner about it then will call me back. I hope he calls today. The main thing now is I can not keep the tent from leaking. Sealed it four times now and the zipper is missing 2 inches of teeth on the door. I am hoping for a new tent. What are the chances of that? 
The salesman said all that is unusual, they hardly ever have any problems with the units they sell. 
   Ron
Title: Waiting for dealer to call
Post by: david on September 25, 2014, 12:30:58 PM
ron:

I sympathize with your problems and hope that you get a new tent. But I suspect that the one you have can be fixed. Take it to a marine canvas/sailmaker shop. They are in every coastal sailing town and also near major recreational lakes like Lake Lanier near Atlanta. These guys are used to repairing zippers and waterproofing canvas.

David
Title: Waiting for dealer to call
Post by: admin on September 25, 2014, 12:41:24 PM
I think you have good reason to push back on the dealer, but I don't know at what point they was their hand of it by saying its a factory warranty issue. If you can show proof that you have followed the manufacturers instructions on conditioning/sealing the tent then you are in even better shape.

My personal feeling is if I purchased a brand new unit from a deal and it has the sort of problems you have listed then it should be up to the dealer to make it right. If that means they have to work with the factory for a warranty claim then so be it but it shouldnt be on the customer to do it.

My personal feelings tend to get me into more fights because I have high expectations but sometimes its worth it.

-Sean
Title: Waiting for dealer to call
Post by: dp on September 25, 2014, 04:27:10 PM
Hi Sean,
   The dealer told me when i bought it not to condition it. they said it was sitting out all summer and they conditioned it. I just sealed it again with mcNett. That seems to be the best. Tomorrow i will wet it down and see if it leaks.