• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

When will web site be updated?

Started by farmboy, October 21, 2015, 10:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charleschapman

Somehow my previous post did not post.  Could be an operator I D ten T issue. 

Standards and options link updated on 2-5-16 now states:  "ONE PIECE SINGLE?PLY SUPERFLEX OLEFIN BASED ROOF MEMBRANE W/ AZDEL DECKING"

We ordered on 3 OCT 16 from our local RV Dealer.  The standards and option link dated 21 OCT 15 stated: "ONE PIECE LAMINATED ALUMINUM ROOF."  

[span][span]Well we understand and have no issue with single axle or wood faced cabinetry as other do but if our camper comes with a membrane roof that could be a deal breaker.  I do not understand why Livin Lite who found a market of all aluminum trailers that you pay a premium cost for would go with the "membrane" roof.    

We will keep you updated since our camper has been constructed for a while and been waiting for a third unit to be finished to ship to our dealer.   Hopefully we have the all aluminum roof! [/span]    [/span]

charliem

[quote source="/post/18424/thread" timestamp="1454779016" author="@charleschapman"]Somehow my previous post did not post.  Could be an operator I D ten T issue. 

Standards and options link updated on 2-5-16 now states:  "ONE PIECE SINGLE?PLY SUPERFLEX OLEFIN BASED ROOF MEMBRANE W/ AZDEL DECKING"

We ordered on 3 OCT 16 from our local RV Dealer.  The standards and option link dated 21 OCT 15 stated: "ONE PIECE LAMINATED ALUMINUM ROOF."  

[span][span]Well we understand and have no issue with single axle or wood faced cabinetry as other do but if our camper comes with a membrane roof that could be a deal breaker.  I do not understand why Livin Lite who found a market of all aluminum trailers that you pay a premium cost for would go with the "membrane" roof.    

We will keep you updated since our camper has been constructed for a while and been waiting for a third unit to be finished to ship to our dealer.   Hopefully we have the all aluminum roof! [/span]    [/span][/quote][font size="3"]I hope you're kidding me, but I guess you're not. My guess would be your unit will still have the aluminum roof. I hope so, but this will just about break the bank. It would end the deal for me and send me back to the drawing board. It will also end my support for LL.[/font]
Any 20 minute job can be stretched
to a week with proper planning

Charlie
NW Florida

gbpack

The roof on our new 21BHS is still aluminum on top. Maybe that is an internal membrane that they are using (or have been using all along).

spot1

Found a discussion on a Crossroads forum, (Crosssroads & LivinLite owned by Thor) about the Thermoplastic Polyolefin roofing material starting to be used on Crossroads RVs.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/forums/f16/vinyl-roof-8218.html

charliem

[font size="3"]Sure looks like a TPO roof. Here's an interesting discussion on a Jayco forum. I don't think a tree branch would tear the aluminum roof.

[a href="http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/epdm-or-tpo-roof-21398.html"]http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/epdm-or-tpo-roof-21398.html[/a]

[/font]

Charlie
NW Florida

spot1

Agree, a branch probably would not penetrate aluminum. We've had large hail on our aluminum roof, might have a ding or two, but no other damage. The folks with rubber roofs like the idea of TPO compared to rubber roofs. I like aluminum compared to TPO. Some 1940s vintage airplanes I fly have aluminum components and holding up well.

charliem

[quote timestamp="1454788481" source="/post/18434/thread" author="@exploringcarolina"]Some 1940s vintage airplanes I fly have aluminum components and holding up well.[/quote][font size="3"]Some old planes used fabric. Maybe CL Thor could try that on the sides next.  :D    :D [/font]

Charlie
NW Florida

spot1

[quote timestamp="1454789742" author="@charliem" source="/post/18435/thread"][quote source="/post/18434/thread" author="@exploringcarolina" timestamp="1454788481"]Some 1940s vintage airplanes I fly have aluminum components and holding up well.[/quote][font size="3"]Some old planes used fabric. Maybe CL Thor could try that on the sides next.  :D     :D  [/font]
[/quote]Don't say that very loud, you may be taken seriously!  (rofl)

mitch

I went and checked each model and all of them now say this:

ONE PIECE SINGLE?PLY SUPERFLEX OLEFIN BASED ROOF MEMBRANE W/ AZDEL DECKING
Mitch
2013 13QBB
2015 Ford F-150
Anderson 3324 WDH

charliem

Quote from: @mitch" source="/post/18437/thread" timestamp="1454795008I went and checked each model and all of them now say this:

ONE PIECE SINGLE?PLY SUPERFLEX OLEFIN BASED ROOF MEMBRANE W/ AZDEL DECKING
[font size="3"]Yes, I checked that too. Maybe after you finish filling your shim order to LL of 1000 pieces at $5 per each you can 3-D print the roof   [/font]:-/ [font size="3"]. Iowa corn farmers would love you.[/font]

Charlie
NW Florida

mitch

I'm thinking I might have to, the shim orders have really lightened up after that first run of 5.  I don't know much about RV's really, this being my first one, but it seems like nobody does aluminum roof, exception being Airstream and a few other high end manufacturers.  It kind of leaves me in a quandry should I ever want to upsize. I certainly hate to think that I have to reduce my expectations.
Mitch
2013 13QBB
2015 Ford F-150
Anderson 3324 WDH

fasteddieb

[quote source="/post/18435/thread" timestamp="1454789742" author="@charliem"][quote source="/post/18434/thread" timestamp="1454788481" author="@exploringcarolina"]Some 1940s vintage airplanes I fly have aluminum components and holding up well.[/quote][font size="3"]Some old planes used fabric. Maybe CL Thor could try that on the sides next.  :D     :D  [/font]
[/quote]Some new planes use fabric!

Mineral Bluff, GA

2014 CampLite 21BHS

2011 Ford Flex EcoBoost

spot1

[quote timestamp="1454797400" source="/post/18440/thread" author="@mitch"]It kind of leaves me in a quandry should I ever want to upsize.
[/quote]We've been thinking about moving up to Toy Hauler, but believe our 2010 CL 11 with aluminum roof,
aluminum sheet interior & exterior walls, and aluminum floor is a keeper.

billmoore

Well I guess we all have collectors items. Why on earth did Thor buy LivinLite, only to take away everything that made LivinLite distinctive? They already had plenty of other brands with the more conventional cheapo construction...

aggie79

OH my. Please say this isn't happening.  If true, LL is now off the list.