Author Topic: Finding Aluminium site from a Google search  (Read 1127 times)

kycamper

• View Profile
Finding Aluminium site from a Google search
« on: December 24, 2016, 12:26:34 PM »
Will there be a way that non members of the new site can find the aluminium site from a Google search?? Lots of times, I am directed to other forums sites when I pose a question, i.e, what can I tow behind a MH, or how do I repair an awning on my Livin Lite.....you get the drift.

I would never think of looking under aluminum..???!!! What happened to the pro boards Livin Lite site?? 

Boy, I 'm gonna' miss this  :'(   Forum

david

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 01:18:34 PM »
Yes, I agree it may be a problem directing neophytes to the aluminium site. Whether the site hasn't had much traffic until recently or maybe the use of the alternative spelling of aluminum, when you google "livin lite aluminium" you don't get at hit on the site until the second or third page of hits. When you google livin lite aluminum (the "correct" North American spelling) then you finally get a hit on the fifth page.

I suspect Paul had to use the non North American spelling to get a url assigned as I note that he uses the "correct" spelling in the introductory text. But even if that is not the problem, it will take a while for the google search engine to register the increased traffic.

I think the same thing happened with the livinlite-owners site when it was first getting started. I learned about it from our dealer, but when I googled it then, it was difficult to find.

So, I would suggest that we contact any dealers that we know well and ask them to spread the word. I will contact D&H RV Center.

David

Edit: I just sent the following to Dave at D&H RV:

Dave:

Joan and I bought a Camplite 16TBS from you about four years ago. We like it very much and now that we live in Connecticut we have camped all over the northeast in it. I particularly liked your willingness to trade the dinette for the sofa in another unit, which made the smaller 16TBS work perfectly for us, otherwise we might have bought the bigger/heavier 21 which probably would have been a mistake.

Way back then, you asked my permission to quote an email that I had sent you in the livinlite-owners.com forum. That is what led me there and I have been a very active participant for several years.

Unfortunately Livin Lite is withdrawing financial support to that forum and taking back the url which they own and I believe they plan to make it a factory site. That will probably end the participation of most LL owners once it becomes a factory site. We are an independent sort (which is why we bought a LL) and prefer a non factory site.

As an aside I can understand the reasons for the changes that Thor has made to the LL product, but when you have a cult brand and you mess with that brand, bad things can happen. I think that Scott Tuttle worked very hard to build that brand and a lot of the quirks that he instituted are responsible for that cult.

So aluminiumcamperforum.com was developed by a LL owner and members of the soon to be defunct site are switching over to it in droves. The old site is already mostly about grousing and like I said will probably soon be defunct. So I wanted you to be aware of this new site which is 99% dedicated to LL products and if appropriate, advise your customers of its existence. Note the funny spelling of aluminum. The site is aluminiumcamperforum.com.

I hope that your business is doing well. I do think that you run one of the best RV dealerships in the US.

David Marchand

David M

16TBS towed with a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

kycamper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 10:59:30 PM »
We bought ours from Dave at D&H, unseen. Had to travel four hours to North Carolina. We had a very good experience with him and his organization, and they were very helpful in resolving that mysterious "venting" problem discussed, at length on this forum. I encourage anyone interested, to do business with them. Good people.

I can see people Googling " Livin Lite reviews".....which is how I get info on different RV's ( and recently, cars ). Maybe that, or " Livin Lite forums will get them to the new site. Man, I'm gonna miss this site :-[  :-[

pinstriper

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 12:15:56 AM »
With my deep knowledge of google analytics and search engine optimization, what we need to do is guide people's search terms to something that will be unique to the site.

I suggest the following terms - but we will need a bunch of posts with these words in them:
Camplite
Trailer
Livin
Lite
stooge
rat
bastage
buggers
cracked
welds
bear
attack
videos
bourbon
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Punctuation. It saves lives.

2014 14DBS
2013 4Runner | 2006 F-150 5.4 V8 (ruh ruh ruh)
2015 Hobie Outback

charliem

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 08:00:58 AM »
[font size="3"]A Google search for "livin lite forum" brings up ACF as #2 right after this forum. A search on "livinlite forum" does the same but asks if you meant "livin lite forum".
[/font]
Any 20 minute job can be stretched
to a week with proper planning

Charlie
NW Florida

gnies

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »
Livinliteforum.com is a valid link for the forum it is a redirect also aluminumcamperforum.com with no i is also a redirect

david

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 12:37:43 PM »
You are certainly right Paul, both links work. I have had problems in the past accessing ACF, but I obviously wasn't using those links. I probably put an s in camper or something like that.

David
David M

16TBS towed with a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

charleschapman

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 08:04:34 AM »
Bourbon LOL