Author Topic: Ultimate mod - electronic black and grey dump valves!  (Read 886 times)

leslie

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Ultimate mod - electronic black and grey dump valves!
« on: December 20, 2016, 05:18:57 AM »
No, we have not done this to our Camplite, but I thought some of the techies here would find this to be intriguing. I follow an RVing blog, Outside Our Bubble. This is a married couple in a Class A who are full-time RVing. The latest post is about installing these electronic valves. When I saw this post, I thought, well now I have heard of everything!

www.outsideourbubble.com
Located in Kentucky and Florida at present

montedtrotter1

Ultimate mod - electronic black and grey dump valves!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:59:59 AM »
Pretty cool idea but my problem is not with pulling the dump valve handles but it is getting the cover cap off! I have to get on my hands and knees in order to get both hands on the cap and several occasions have thought I might not be able to break it loose. But as I type this response I think I may have a solution. I was in Harbor Freight yesterday and happened to see one of those long handle oil filter remover, looks like a large set of pliers except the business end is curved to fit a round filter or possibly a sewer line cap. Thanks for posting Leslie you may have solved one of my camping issues albeit in an indirect way. I will post later if the oil filter pliers work.