• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

access to water heater?

Started by jimt, November 28, 2016, 03:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimt

Thanks for the tip on the install. I think David may be right. I need that socket.
Yes  I read on line what that rod is about . Keeps the tank alive longer stopping the corrosion build up.

My old camper had one too but , it had a drain valve installed on the plug itself. I may look for one like that and install it instead.

I just need to figure out the size first.

I'm looking at this one for a replacement.  [a href="https://www.amazon.com/NW-Leisure-TSA200-Saver-Anode/dp/B000HYOUSC/ref=pd_sbs_263_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=V9HW1G4YX1YDKY2SVD5Q"]link[/a]

Again thanks for the replies.

drdave

Mine takes a 1-1/16 socket.     You'll likely need an extension also.   I think you'll have a much easier time if you pick up a socket...right tool for the job thing.  Walmart may have them in the RV section or in hardware.   wrap the threads with some white plumbers tape first also if you didn't already.  

jimt

[quote timestamp="1483285592" source="/post/26755/thread" author="@tlbones"]Mine takes a 1-1/16 socket.     You'll likely need an extension also.   I think you'll have a much easier time if you pick up a socket...right tool for the job thing.  Walmart may have them in the RV section or in hardware.   wrap the threads with some white plumbers tape first also if you didn't already.  [/quote]Thanks for the sizing. I'll be going by a Walmart tomorrow on my way home from work. I'll pick one up then. Funny how I have all kinds of tools yet for this camper I have to keep buying little things like this socket.

My next tool will be a 4 way lug wrench for the wheels. I don't have one of those yet either.  :)

pinstriper

Quote from: @jimt" source="/post/26764/thread" timestamp="1483320109
Quote from: @tlbones" source="/post/26755/thread" timestamp="1483285592Mine takes a 1-1/16 socket.     You'll likely need an extension also.   I think you'll have a much easier time if you pick up a socket...right tool for the job thing.  Walmart may have them in the RV section or in hardware.   wrap the threads with some white plumbers tape first also if you didn't already.  
Thanks for the sizing. I'll be going by a Walmart tomorrow on my way home from work. I'll pick one up then. Funny how I have all kinds of tools yet for this camper I have to keep buying little things like this socket.

My next tool will be a 4 way lug wrench for the wheels. I don't have one of those yet either.  :)

You don't need. The crank for the stab jacks is the same size as the lug nuts. 3/4". At least it is on my 14dbs.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a breaker bar for removing and a torque wrench for reinstalling. Harbor Freight is a good place to get these (and the socket, for that matter).
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Punctuation. It saves lives.

2014 14DBS
2013 4Runner | 2006 F-150 5.4 V8 (ruh ruh ruh)
2015 Hobie Outback