Author Topic: Livin Lite Axxess Toy Hauler Brite Diped Cleaning Problem  (Read 669 times)

marcoe

Livin Lite Axxess Toy Hauler Brite Diped Cleaning Problem
« on: September 26, 2016, 12:17:46 PM »
[p]I cleaned our Toy hauler with Chrome Cleaner and now it has streaks all over it. I have tried everything to try and get it out (simple green, WD40, buffing with wax-which did work but after rain it came back!!!, car wash soap, fast orange, comet. Please help!!![/p][p]
[/p]

rocklobster

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 05:44:10 PM »
Quote from: @marcoe" source="/post/24975/thread" timestamp="1474903066
[p]I cleaned our Toy hauler with Chrome Cleaner and now it has streaks all over it. I have tried everything to try and get it out (simple green, WD40, buffing with wax-which did work but after rain it came back!!!, car wash soap, fast orange, comet. Please help!!![/p][p]
[/p]

rocklobster

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 05:45:44 PM »
1part white vinegar- 5parts water. Spray on and wipe down with crumpled newspaper.

tinkeringtechie

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Tinkering Techie
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 06:59:26 PM »
Quote from: @marcoe" timestamp="1474903066" source="/post/24975/thread
[/p]
What specific product did you use? If I remember correctly the "chrome" finish actually has a clear coat, so depending on the product you may have actually etched the paint.
2014 Camplite 21BHS

2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD 5.7L

daplumbr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 07:43:49 PM »
I'll guess the finish is damaged from the original chrome cleaner, which may have had some abrasives in it, as well as strong solvents. I'm pretty sure your best bet at this point will be taking it to an auto body shop and asking for help. As @tinkeringtechie  mentioned, they will want to know the specifics products you used. I really doubt you can fix this yourselves, but I know some folks with paint damage on cars have had good luck with clay bar treatment followed by waxing. 

Oops, didn't see this was 2 month old thread from a one-time poster.