• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

blackout curtain

Started by thudd3r, July 03, 2016, 11:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thudd3r

our vrv came with a crappy hanging blind over the window.  besides not blocking any light, it started to get bent up from swinging back and forth during transit.  we replaced it with a fabric curtain trimmed to fit the window hanging from a spring loaded rod

[img style="" style="max-width:75%;" src="http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q439/mushr00min/20141231_152216_zpsetc2j7kg.jpg"]

better, but still let light in, so i created a blackout curtain by mounting 3 screws/snaps into the framing along the top and bottom of the window.  fabbed up a curtain out of heavy black cloth and added a rzr flag i had laying around for a touch of garage class  :D  

now no light can get in until we roll it up.  really helps the kiddo sleep later in the morning and go to sleep earlier, before it even gets dark

keeena

I saw the first picture of the traditional curtain and said "meh", but then scrolled down further and saw the red "RZR" one - I LIKE.

evinpville

Great idea!!  Your comment about the black out needs got me thinking.  I started with "Black Out" curtains hung over the window. Looked nice but didn't block the sun.

So I got some reflective-covered construction bubble stuff, cut it to the window size and used Velcro pieces at the top of the window frame.  I also put Velcro under the window so I could stow the sheets under the windows.

Here's the in-place sheet, the stowed sheet and the finished:

[attachment id="1762" thumbnail="1"] [attachment id="1763" thumbnail="1"] [attachment id="1761" thumbnail="1"]

Thank you for all the super ideas!!