• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

Adirondacks?

Started by gawin, February 06, 2016, 11:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david

Hank:

Organizing a meetup is simple. In the case of my Acadia meetup I had corresponded offline with Paul, the organizer of last year's Fundy meetup and he preferred the 4th of July weekend. So we set that date, I posted a notice- see http://livinlite-owners.com/post/17169. Then as members responded, I created a private mail group to cover issues specific to those who were interested or had reserved a spot. Acadia doesn't allow specific site reservations, they are assigned when you arrive, so I will work with the rangers so we all know where we are located in the park.

Adirondack parks allow specific site reservations, so that isn't a problem. When Paul organized the Fundy meetup, he and Ross had already reserved two adjacent sites and I then reserved one nearby. We all got together and shared dinner a couple of nights, but that isn't really necessary. You can just let it happen or not.

So pick a time and a place that suits you and go for it. I would suggest being specific about when and where you will be there- time, campground and even your campsite #.  I can make it any time from mid July onward or even early June but it could be cold then. Perhaps others will chime in about their interest and time availability and then you can choose and set it up.

David
David M

16TBS towed with a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder