• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.
 

How do you attach your Popup Gizmo?

Started by trw29, May 18, 2016, 10:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnc

[p]I am having trouble getting the photos of the small D Rings that we used to attach and I don't have a photo sharing site that we use. I will attempt to explain this the best that I can. We used small black anodized D Rings approximately 1 inch. The D rings are the kind with a metal tab attached to the D Ring and these are not designed for a lot of weight to be applied to them. We obtained them from a company on line that carries mostly fasteners of all sorts. We ordered two dozen to have spares and we initially thought we needed more to put along the sides of the QS10. [/p][p]
[/p][p]We used 5 D rings on each side. They were secured by drilling a small hole into the diamond plate trim near the bottom of the trailer below the blue colored side panels. They were then fastened with self tapping stainless steel screws. We placed on D-ring at the front corner (sides, not front). The next ring was next to the front edge of the door. The next was between the door and the wheel well (front edge). The next was between the wheel well and the back corner. The last was placed on the side at the rear corner. [/p][p]
[/p][p]When we got the gizmo we placed it on the camper and looked to see where the bungee cords lined up and adjusted it from there and the locations matched with where we placed. Attaching the D-rings took approximately 30 minutes total. I am still going to figure out how to attach the photos, hoping tonight but It depends how long I stay in front of the computer today at work and what time I leave the office. [/p][p]
Sorry for the delay in getting this out work has been extremely busy. We are going camping tomorrow for a few nights and maybe I can figure this photo thing out and get them posted. If nothing else send me an email and I can email the photos. [/p]

johnc

[attachment id="1571" thumbnail="1"][attachment id="1572" thumbnail="1"]

mjmoore17

Quote from: @mjmoore17" timestamp="1466709484" source="/post/22464/threadThe company name is popupgizmos. Their web address is below. They are very easy to work with.

Michael

http://www.popupgizmos.com/ordering%20page.htm
Above is the web address. It basically is a sunscreen that allows better cooling in summer and better warming in the cooler weather.

cosmorummer

I was just quoted $229 + shipping for the super high wind gizmo for our new 8.0. I had been thinking of making a cover, but Kybrowns' video was cool. I don't think I could create anything as high quality as the Gizmo people make. And the zip ties are a great idea for attachment points!

mjmoore17

I think you will enjoy it. They do make a difference with using the AC when hot and protection from tree droppings.

Michael