• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

Bathroom cabinets for my meds.

Started by whoofit, April 05, 2016, 12:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoofit

Found some mirrored stainless steel medicine cabinets that are a perfect fit. With mirrors. Was a PITA mounting these because there is no studs in the rear wall in this area. Don't let those screws attaching the aluminum sheet metal fool you. Most are not even in studs, just the wallboard.....(thanks, LL).... Had to go behind the AL sheeting to find studs. Spanned the gap with 2" x .125" Al angle. Now they are solidly mounted.

Anyways, these locking medicine cabinets are the perfect size to pair together. They are very high quality for short money. They don't swing out too far when standing there. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Croydex-Trent-15-75-in-H-x-9-84-in-W-x-5-12-in-D-Lockable-Surface-Mount-Medicine-Cabinet-Only-in-Stainless-Steel-with-Keys-WC846005YW/202904165

Just don't let the key fall out into the pooper. They are keyed alike and yes I just HAD to say pooper.

gbpack

Wow! I'm surprised that you were able to squeeze TWO of them in there. We've been looking for something like this but will probably just get one. Thanks for sending the link.

gbpack

Are you going to be at the meet-up in Maine this summer that David is coordinating (at Acadia NP)? If so, maybe my wife and I could take a look at how you secured that to the wall. We will be there.

thudd3r

gbpack...what i have done in the past is mount a piece of aluminum angle to the studs and then mount the cabinet/shelf/etc to the angle...that way your placement isnt limited to the stud locations.  the angle will span the studs and you can mount the shelf/cabinet anywhere along the angle

whoofit

[quote source="/post/20237/thread" author="@gbpack" timestamp="1459883570"]Wow! I'm surprised that you were able to squeeze TWO of them in there. We've been looking for something like this but will probably just get one. Thanks for sending the link.[/quote]No problem. They are sized perfectly. Had to go well behind that aluminum sheet to find a stud. That's why the angle fades behind it there.

leslie

Located in Kentucky and Florida at present

whoofit

Thanks, Leslie. Without a vanity, or a factory fitted sink for that matter, something had to be done. We were living out of small travel cases spread out all over. Now we are going for more extended trips for weeks and not days.

Glad you like!

gbpack

sheepcreek

Whoofit, that looks very impressive! My husband and I were just discussing our next trip and he mentioned that we should install a medicine cabinet. We have only done a few
short weekend trips to learn how to use the trailer, and not having toiletries in the bathroom is a bit of a pain. Your cabinets look very attractive. Do you remember how much the two of them
weigh? Thanks,
Karen

popup2012

Maybe you should put a string on the keys and tied to something, just in case.