• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

Its Official...Upgrades, Improvements, and Pictures oh my!!!

Started by admin, November 06, 2015, 11:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

I'd like to take a moment to officially announce some of the recent improvements to our growing community here.
As many have noticed LivinLite has taken a genuine interest in our community and our feedback. @christianm has been very active around the boards serving as both a listening ear for comments/feedback, as well as an amazing point of contact for any questions.
With their support and the support of all our members, we have taken a huge step up in improving the services and performance of the forum.

I am happy to announce that we have increased the performance of the servers hosting the forum. It gets a bit nerdy, but in short the behind the scenes systems are bigger and stronger than ever before.
Perhaps even more exciting though, we now have the ability to post pictures and attachments again directly from the forum. There is no longer a need to use external photo sharing sites. That's not to say you can't use an external hosting site, but at least now you don't have to.
I have set up certain limits on how large the attachments can be as well as how many can be posted at one time. I'll keep an eye on how realistic these limits are and adjust them as needed.
Lastly we will have a new web address. Currently we have an automatic redirect in place from the old address that you may have bookmarked (livinlite.proboards.com) but we now have our own URL www.livinlite-owners.com.
The automatic redirect will be in place for about a week so please be sure to update your bookmarks.

I also know that many users enjoy our forum from a mobile platform. During the transition I have had to re-associate our forum with Tapatalk, it should be back up now, but please let me know if you experience any issues.

I will continue to work on making improvements to the forum and I'm excited about the future of our community. As always please feel free to reach out to me directly if there are any questions, comments, or concerns.

I also want to say thank you to all of you. Without such an amazing group of people this forum wouldn't be possible.
I also want to specifically say thank you to Christian and LivinLite. They have been beyond supportive and I very grateful to have them involved.

We have grown so much over the last year and a half and I see nothing but great things for the future.

Thank you,
Sean

admin

Hey all,

We have received some reports of trouble logging in. Right now the common issue is related to an error indicating a 'token' issue. I have been in discussion with the hosting service admin and the invalid token request tends to be an issue where multiple sessions are logged in and changes are made in both sessions. This creates a situation where they are out of sync...direct quote from the host service:
"The majority of cases where we see this issue its caused by usually a very short list of things. Generally its having the forum open in multiple tabs at once and then making changes in each (that could potentially conflict) and being logged in at two places at once (and again the same bit of code is trying to prevent conflicting changes). The easiest solution to this is clearing your cookies and cache and then simply logging in again as this will provide you with a fresh new token and store that in the users browser. "

I briefly experienced this token issue myself. I was able to logout and back in to resolve the issue so that is my first recommendation. However clearing the cookie/cache will have the same impact.

If the system is not able to recognize your user ID then that may be a separate issue and I'd want to look into that further. Please PM me if you are having trouble logging in.

-Sean