• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.
 

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Single or double axle

Started by shellee, September 06, 2016, 04:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shellee

Hello, is the Quicksilver 10 a single or double axle. Interested in the leveling sytem you attach to the wheels, rather than the leveling blocks that would seem to take a lot of quess work, especially if you are by yourself.

charliem

[font size="3"]All QSs are single axle. You might be interested in the BAL Leveler. I have no direct experience, but some people love them and others hate them. It does not require guessing at the number of blocks, but is a bit more difficult to use and requires some muscle. It should accommodate the 12" tires on the QSs.
[/font]
Any 20 minute job can be stretched
to a week with proper planning

Charlie
NW Florida

charleschapman

For a QS camper the BAL leveler is great. Had one with our 6.0.  Wouldn't lift our single axle 16 TBS though.

walt3

I have one that an Airstreamer gave me. It works great on a 10.0! I have a ratching wrench I use just for it. Super easy to level the trailer!!!!!

jammydee

We use a BAL leveler on our 10.0. It's easy, fast, and secure. Love it.

freddy

Quote from: @charliem" timestamp="1473192784" source="/post/24382/thread[font size="3"]All

charliem

[font size="3"]I stand corrected. I wasn't aware of the SUTs.
[/font]
Any 20 minute job can be stretched
to a week with proper planning

Charlie
NW Florida

admin

I think that is an exceptionally rare QS. When I purchased my 10.0 I had looked at one like that but I'm 99 percent sure it was still a single axle with just an 8.0 or 8.1 on the rear.

freddy

[p]I was  hard to find one with double axle, in FL, [/p][p]Is from Craigslist, , now  the RV is on the boat to Chile[/p][p]I am very happy[/p][p]Freddy[/p]