• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.
 

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

6.0 bed weight limit

Started by andesmarten, June 30, 2016, 01:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andesmarten

Does anyone know what the weight limit is on the bed on the QS 6.0? I noticed it flexing underneath with one person on it and didn't know how it would do with multiple people/ dogs.

Thanks!

admin

When properly supported it should have no problem with two full grown adults and even a dog. Where did you notice flexing?

-Sean

andesmarten

Okay great, I saw it flex in the center towards the door.

mjmoore17

Mine has supported over 400 lbs. successfully. The dog insists that I make clear that she was not part of that.

Michael

rolando

we just bought our 6.0 ( slightly used ) and thats one of the first things I noticed that the bed supports seem pretty flimsy and are at the top of my mods list before we actually go camping in several weeks .Has anyone replaced these with something more stable / stronger ?

idlerockfarm

I was considering some Lynx levelers or supports for the bed because often the ground is not level at the bed end. If it is, mine seems solid. 

ssd

Great post - curious about this as well. That little aluminum bar just seems like it's making a herculean effort to support a bed full of snoozers

alf

[quote source="/post/24706/thread" timestamp="1474239621" author="@ssd"]Great post - curious about this as well. That little aluminum bar just seems like it's making a herculean effort to support a bed full of snoozers[/quote]I too worry about the size of the bed support legs. However, we weigh in at over 400 lb. and the bed feels quite solid when we are in it.

I notice that the Jeep version has much heftier bed legs: http://imgur.com/a/mRima

I wonder if it is possible to buy those legs as a replacement.