Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum

Quicksilver => QuickSilver General Q & A => Topic started by: joeldhendrickson on September 19, 2016, 02:58:24 PM

Title: 2005 Quicksilver 10.0 Pod Modification for Off Road
Post by: joeldhendrickson on September 19, 2016, 02:58:24 PM
Hello-

I purchased a 2005 Quicksilver (with what I will call a "Pod") mounted on a utility trailer.  This came off of a toy hauler (SUT).  They did a solid job with attaching the pod to the trailer.  I would like to remove the pod and make this into an off road oriented trailer with high ground clearance.  Has anybody performed a similar build?

My main question is, can I attach the axle or axle-less suspension to the existing aluminum underbody frame?  Also can a new tongue be attached to the front and aluminum underbody frame?

Thank you for your time and comments.

Here is a link with pictures of the trailer on CL


[img style="" style="max-width:100%;" src="http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/snw/5770710935.html"]
[a href="http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/snw/5770710935.html"]Images[/a]


[a href="http://timbren.com/axle-less/"]http://timbren.com/axle-less/[/a]
Title: 2005 Quicksilver 10.0 Pod Modification for Off Road
Post by: walt3 on September 19, 2016, 11:08:50 PM
I would attach the off-road axle to the existing trailer. Cheaper and easier to put on a steel frame. Can use any axle you want with leafs or get crazy and do a 4 link setup with coils.