Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum

Quicksilver => QuickSilver General Q & A => Topic started by: andesmarten on June 30, 2016, 01:09:24 PM

Title: 6.0 bed weight limit
Post by: andesmarten on June 30, 2016, 01:09:24 PM
Does anyone know what the weight limit is on the bed on the QS 6.0? I noticed it flexing underneath with one person on it and didn't know how it would do with multiple people/ dogs.

Thanks!
Title: 6.0 bed weight limit
Post by: admin on June 30, 2016, 03:33:26 PM
When properly supported it should have no problem with two full grown adults and even a dog. Where did you notice flexing?

-Sean
Title: 6.0 bed weight limit
Post by: andesmarten on June 30, 2016, 06:20:19 PM
Okay great, I saw it flex in the center towards the door.
Title: 6.0 bed weight limit
Post by: mjmoore17 on June 30, 2016, 07:29:30 PM
Mine has supported over 400 lbs. successfully. The dog insists that I make clear that she was not part of that.

Michael
Title: 6.0 bed weight limit
Post by: rolando on August 28, 2016, 08:58:56 AM
we just bought our 6.0 ( slightly used ) and thats one of the first things I noticed that the bed supports seem pretty flimsy and are at the top of my mods list before we actually go camping in several weeks .Has anyone replaced these with something more stable / stronger ?
Title: 6.0 bed weight limit
Post by: idlerockfarm on August 29, 2016, 08:08:51 PM
I was considering some Lynx levelers or supports for the bed because often the ground is not level at the bed end. If it is, mine seems solid. 
Title: 6.0 bed weight limit
Post by: ssd on September 18, 2016, 08:00:21 PM
Great post - curious about this as well. That little aluminum bar just seems like it's making a herculean effort to support a bed full of snoozers
Title: 6.0 bed weight limit
Post by: alf on September 22, 2016, 04:30:14 PM
[quote source="/post/24706/thread" timestamp="1474239621" author="@ssd"]Great post - curious about this as well. That little aluminum bar just seems like it's making a herculean effort to support a bed full of snoozers[/quote]I too worry about the size of the bed support legs. However, we weigh in at over 400 lb. and the bed feels quite solid when we are in it.

I notice that the Jeep version has much heftier bed legs: http://imgur.com/a/mRima

I wonder if it is possible to buy those legs as a replacement.