Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum

Camplite => Camplite Travel Trailers => Topic started by: jeanbenjaminl on March 30, 2016, 12:26:32 PM

Title: CL11FK Trailer tire
Post by: jeanbenjaminl on March 30, 2016, 12:26:32 PM
Hello, 

I have to change the tire on my Camplite 11FK, they are cracked by the sun..

Currently on my camplite I have 175/80/13 C tire. I was looking to upgrade them to D to get a little bit more weight (1300# VS 1600#). 
The problem I see, is that I looked on my axle, and my axle is only rated to 2500 pounds, so even if I put range D tire on my camplite, my axle is only rated to 2500...

Is it normal for a CL11FK to only have a 2500 pound axle?

Thanks!
Title: CL11FK Trailer tire
Post by: daplumbr on March 30, 2016, 02:00:00 PM
The LL web site lists the 2500 lb axle as standard on the 11. So, although technically it would not help capacity to go with D tires, it wouldn't hurt either. I do have a set of C tires of that size I'll be posting in the "For Sale" section of the forum in the next few days. Might be of interest if you are anywhere near Michigan.
Title: CL11FK Trailer tire
Post by: spot1 on March 30, 2016, 06:40:09 PM
Our 2010 Mighty 11 (one of first 10 LL travel trailers built) has a 2200 pound capacity axle and 2200 GVW. Looks like later model units have higher capacity axles than our unit. Our unit weighs in at 2000 pounds ready to camp and has 300 pound tongue weight with 1700 pounds on the axle.

Installed C rated trailer radial tires, ST175/80R/13, that have 1360 pound capacity each. Have about 20,000 miles on these tires so far.