Are the bunks comfortable for an adult?
Thanks
It depends on how tall you are, I am 6'2 and the are a little short for me. My bride says they are wonderful but she is 5'4. I recently changed the cushion material in our seating area to a higher density foam. We used the old foam for the base substrate on the bunk beds. We used 3M spray adhesive to glue the foam together. On top of the foam, we put a matress topper from Costco; cut to size to fit the bed. This is much better than the mattress topper on top of the factory padding supplied with the trailer. Actually, my bride prefers the bunk bed because I flop around too much. The bottom bunk can be a little warm in the summer and the top can be very cool if the AC is on. The AC air seems to follow the ceiling regardless of the angle of the air vents on the AC.
I measured the bunks yesterday and they are 6 ft in length. Take the top cushion and put both on the lower bunk for more comfort. Very few adults can sleep on top since it is rated for no more than 125 pounds.
Thanks. Great idea. Wish i had two more of those mattresses since i have two sons 12 and 13 yrs old. They are both past the 125 lb limit that I wasn't aware of but we have had no problems yet. Thanks for the info and doublevup on mattress idea.
Quote from: @wcuhoppytoad" source="/post/19789/thread" timestamp="1458662366I measured the bunks yesterday and they are 6 ft in length. Very few adults can sleep on top since it is rated for no more than 125 pounds.
Where did you see the weight limit rating of 125 lbs? The bunk beds look substantial enough to hold at least 200 lbs and I think I remember hearing our dealer say that the weight rating was 300 lbs. (although that sounded high to me).
let me know where you think I met get two new ones.
Thanks
I purchased my unit yesterday and all the warning stickers are still in unit located by the bed. I believe the aluminum framing can hold the above 125 just fine. I think the flat surface holding up the mattress is the weakness.