Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum

Towing and Tow Vehicle => General Q & A => Topic started by: david2015 on October 11, 2015, 12:45:13 AM

Title: Speaking of tire pressure...
Post by: david2015 on October 11, 2015, 12:45:13 AM
Tire pressure is important, but how do you assure that your tire pressure gauge is accurate?  

I  just went through all the gauges (well, the four that I could find) in my garage, and found one that reads about 6 lbs low at 30 psi, which is 20% off.  

Its probably safe to assume that the ones that agree with each other are good, but I think that I'll take the lot of them to a tire store and see if I can compare them with pros.


David

Title: Speaking of tire pressure...
Post by: joanne on October 12, 2015, 08:23:43 PM
I've had the same thoughts, and I have gauges that likely are off by a few lbs.

Assuming that tire stores haves some means of calibrating theirs?