Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum

Quicksilver => QuickSilver General Q & A => Topic started by: hiker74 on May 05, 2015, 02:19:19 PM

Title: That Darn Quicksilver Door Zipper!
Post by: hiker74 on May 05, 2015, 02:19:19 PM
When we purchased or new to us 2006 QS 10 the door zipper had a missing toggle on the outside but we managed using the one on the inside. On our last camping trip the one on the inside broke off  x_x. I was looking at the zipper and was thinking...if I could put some wire or cable through it with maybe a paracord loop to pull I could actually have a zipper that would balance the force on both sides. I'm going to try it and hopefully this will make it stronger and also make it easier to zip and unzip the door!
Title: That Darn Quicksilver Door Zipper!
Post by: dstran01 on September 23, 2016, 10:09:19 AM
My door zipper pull is now completely broken.  There's no place to attach a key ring, that was also my back up for 2 years with small carabiner attached.  A wire  
should fit through the teeny tiny holes but I'm interested in trying to actually replace the zipper pull, without shucking out $$$ at awning place.  Any thoughts?  I can't tell what size that pull is and I'm not sure of the year/model of my Quicksilver.  It was used when my ex and I bought it a few years ago.  The weight/vin sticker is extremely faded.  I have most of the numbers.  Any thoughts?
Title: That Darn Quicksilver Door Zipper!
Post by: on September 23, 2016, 10:20:50 AM
I bought some of these and they work well.  Put the u-shaped piece through the little hole and then attach the new pull by pressing down.


https://www.amazon.com/Zip-Fixer-Replacement-favourite-suitcase/dp/B00F8GR2FC/ref=pd_lpo_201_bs_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3XRDSGCNWDNZA3DC677W
Title: That Darn Quicksilver Door Zipper!
Post by: husaberger on September 23, 2016, 03:35:12 PM
I just purchased these a month ago, will see if I can take off the old zipper (the zipper broke on one side, no spot to put a replacement item like bjugrad79 posted

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009MRFPKM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

instructions (the package had crappy ones) I've printed this out and placed in the QS10, as the only time I can actually open it is usually at the campsites.

https://www.fixnzip.com/how-to-use/