• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

Forum Status Update

Started by djmiller, January 03, 2017, 11:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djmiller

All ... I wanted to take a moment to let you all in on what's happening with our Forum. As some of you already know, I'm the customer service representative for Livin' Lite, and I enjoy keeping up with the experiences you share with other LL owners.

Starting mid-January, we're switching over to a new Forum provider that will be hosted on Livin' Lite's server, instead of the current third party private server. We're changing providers for a couple of reasons; primarily that as our Forum page views increase and draw more interest and support, we need to be able to protect and preserve that data. We can't guarantee that with the current setup. The only way to ensure that happens is to host the site ourselves.

The domain name will stay the same (http://livinlite-owners.com/). Although we're switching to a completely new Forum software package, the new Forum will offer virtually the same features we currently enjoy, plus increased security and data preservation.

One feature that will no longer be offered will be the posting of free or paid outside advertising. Livin' Lite will no longer allow outside concerns (especially competitors of our brand) to post advertisements for products that, by association, imply we approve of or accept liability for.

As we're setting up the new Forum, we'd like your input as soon as possible concerning any new features or improvements you'd like us to implement. The Livin' Lite Forum is a place for you to share ideas and improvements with other owners, thus improving everyone's camping experiences. We take this mission very seriously, and that emphasis is not changing. What is changing is the method of long-term information storage and the removal of un-endorsed advertising.

More info will be forthcoming, as we get closer to the launch. Thanks for your continued dedication to Livin' Lite and its many users!