• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

Ultimate mod - electronic black and grey dump valves!

Started by leslie, December 20, 2016, 05:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leslie

No, we have not done this to our Camplite, but I thought some of the techies here would find this to be intriguing. I follow an RVing blog, Outside Our Bubble. This is a married couple in a Class A who are full-time RVing. The latest post is about installing these electronic valves. When I saw this post, I thought, well now I have heard of everything!

www.outsideourbubble.com
Located in Kentucky and Florida at present

montedtrotter1

Pretty cool idea but my problem is not with pulling the dump valve handles but it is getting the cover cap off! I have to get on my hands and knees in order to get both hands on the cap and several occasions have thought I might not be able to break it loose. But as I type this response I think I may have a solution. I was in Harbor Freight yesterday and happened to see one of those long handle oil filter remover, looks like a large set of pliers except the business end is curved to fit a round filter or possibly a sewer line cap. Thanks for posting Leslie you may have solved one of my camping issues albeit in an indirect way. I will post later if the oil filter pliers work.