• Welcome to Archive - Aluminium Camper Forum.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

First trip ever

Started by bgewin, January 24, 2016, 11:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgewin

I completed my first camping trip this weekend in my 2016 21BHS.  It went very well and all my fears about towing a trailer this size were unfounded. I got used to towing very quickly and got pretty good at backing up too. We went 45 minutes from home to Chatfield State Park in Colorado. No issues at all other than a couple minor newbie mistakes which won't happen again.

I'm planning to document my trips on Instagram since it's so much easier than anything else I've found.

https://instagram.com/p/BA7QBQfnDzk/

BTW I've been back and forth about removing my decals and I've decided I'm definitely going to do it. I'll post some before and after pictures.

ammobob

We were lucky enough to order ours without the graphics. We like the clean look and no chance of fading or pealing which is one of the problems with the heat in Nevada.

bgewin

Quote from: @ammobob" source="/post/17989/thread" timestamp="1453731651[url href="http://s304.photobucket.com/user/bvabob1/media/Our%20New%20Camper/image.jpg2_zps8fatdm6h.jpg.html"]
[img src="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn197/bvabob1/Our%20New%20Camper/image.jpg2_zps8fatdm6h.jpg"][/url]

We were lucky enough to order ours without the graphics. We like the clean look and no chance of fading or pealing which is one of the problems with the heat in Nevada.

See I think that looks awesome. Thanks for the picture.

catmanriff

is that water in the background, a lake?

bgewin

[quote source="/post/18021/thread" timestamp="1453768441" author="@catmanriff"]is that water in the background, a lake?[/quote]
Not it's not but there is a large (by Colorado standards) lake in the park.

zonzin

Quote from: @bgewin" source="/post/17985/thread" timestamp="1453691178....BTW I've been back and forth about removing my decals and I've decided I'm definitely going to do it. I'll post some before and after pictures.
Did you ever remove the decals? I am thinking of "de-badging" my 11FK and would like to know how the process went. It's not because of issues with the manufacturer its because I don't like being a rolling bulletin board.

bgewin

[quote source="/post/26228/thread" author="@zonzin" timestamp="1480888621"]
Quote from: @bgewin" source="/post/17985/thread" timestamp="1453691178....BTW I've been back and forth about removing my decals and I've decided I'm definitely going to do it. I'll post some before and after pictures.
Did you ever remove the decals? I am thinking of "de-badging" my 11FK and would like to know how the process went. It's not because of issues with the manufacturer its because I don't like being a rolling bulletin board.

.[/quote]
zonzin, I did remove them.  I took some time because I wasn't in a hurry and I waited until the sun was on each side.  When warmed up they come off very easily.  It looks really nice and clean now.  To anyone considering doing this I would suggest you do it sooner than later because if you wait too long you'll have fading marks and I also assume the decals will get more brittle.  If you can't get sun I bet a hair dryer would do the trick.  Good luck.